Friday, December 31, 2010

Thrifting In The New Year!

I was surprised to find several of my favorite Thrift Shops open today, as it is New Year's Eve and they usually are closed - but they were open! First thrifty find is the cute pastel bunny toy - I have several others already so he will fit in just perfectly.



So pink and adorable - this vintage ceramic teddy bear is. He kind of reminds me of the Snuggle bear in the TV commercial :)


Next was a very wise buy, a darling vintage ceramic owl to add to the continually growing owl collection I now have...


And I found another Tiki mug - ooooh, I just love finding Tiki items!!!


Found 2 cute little ceramic birds that followed me home also....


I jumped for joy when I saw the pair of vintage chalkware fish - they will go well with the mermaid collection I have.



One lonely little rooster salt & pepper shaker hitched a ride in my shopping cart too!


And I came across some great vintage Christmas decorations that came into the shop late, and they just put them out at half price!!! - I wish I could find a set of those Santa mugs with the pale green edging, they are so lovely.


I have taken down most of the holiday decorations already, and I had forgotten to take pix of them this year - I had one little area left to pack that had a few stragglers left - this is the top of a vintage Hoosier cabinet in my kitchen. I put the Pillsbury Doughboy ornament in the middle of the wreath just for fun :)


See you tomorrow with more thrifted finds!

Have a very Happy New Year, and I hope it is filled with loads of thrifty goodness!




Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

ClayItAgain / 12MidnightOils said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! I remember those fish. My mom had a set of them when I was a girl

★Carol★ said...

Your finds are so Springy, just what's needed right now because it's windy and 20 degrees here! Wishing you a great 2011, full of great vintage finds!
Happy New Year!
Carol