Friday, August 03, 2007

This Week's Thrifty Goodies - Part 1

Lots of goodies to share with you this week, I've been taking pictures like crazy of the neat stuff I found! First there is a wonderful pink vintage lamp in the shape of an Oriental woman - I doubt this is the original shade, but it came with it and it works OK for now - the lamp and shade were only $2 at a yard sale.

Next there is a little lusterware incense burner, it is so sweet, and was only 25 cents.
This must have been my day for Oriental type items, I found a darling planter of a man and a rickshaw for 50 cents, it is in perfect condition too!
I always love to find things for my ever-growing Chicken and Rooster collection, and here we have a set of 4 Japanese (little paper tags still on them) mugs with chickens and chicks on them - too cute! $1.00 for the set at a yard sale.

And my hubby found some vintage men's ties - he does not wear them, but thought I might be able to make something from them. I already have a huge box of vintage men's ties and....someday......will get around to doing something with them :)



Share/Bookmark

11 comments:

Amy said...

Oh! The lamp is so 50's - I love it!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

My mom used to make quilts and pillows out of old ties, really cool.

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

Oh, all your stuff is so fab! Great scores!!!!

Holly Hall said...

I am seriously coveting that lamp!

Anonymous said...

Wow cool lamp! So after you found all this cool asian stuff, did you go eat chinese?

Meow (aka Connie) said...

What an interesting lot of stuff you found. I wish I was as good at finding fun stuff like that.
Hope your weekend was brilliant.
Take care, Meow
PS. Sorry I haven't replied to your email ... I will, please forgive me !

Stampindamour said...

I just found your COOL BLOG!!

Love the stuff you found!! I love looking at photos of what others bought! I guess it's like looking in the shopping cart of the person behind you in line at the grocery store... :0)

pamela

Anonymous said...

I guess if I had to pick a favorite of all, it would be the incense burner, it's just too cute! You enquired about if we got a lot of hummingbirds...yes we do, we have a feeder in the front window and also one out back on the deck. We have a butterfly bush, and lots of flowers that attract them, so it's like a hummingbird airport here. The first year there were only a few, now you can sit outside and see a few in just a couple mins.

Unknown said...

All your finds are fabulous,but I especially love the chick mugs...so cute!

jungle dream pagoda said...

GORGEOUS !!!! I think I have the female partner to that little lamp ,is it Shawnee?

woof nanny said...

I'm the tie queen--I'll help you with ideas if you need any.