Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Retro Flashback - Chiquita Banana

Earlier this week I posted some vintage cookbooks, one of them being a Banana Cookbook. Ever since that I have had that Chiquita Banana jingle going through my head over and over...LOL....I could not remember all the words, so I looked it up. Here is some information on the famous Miss Chiquita Banana, that I wanted to share with you :)



Vintage Chiquita Banana Advertisement


Vintage Chiquita Banana Sheet Music


Here are the original words to the jingle:


I'm Chiquita Banana, and I've come to say

Bananas have to ripen in a certain way.

And when they are flecked with brown and have a golden hue,

Bananas taste the best, and are the best for you.

You can put them in a salad. You can put them in a pie - aye.

Anyway you want to eat them it's impossible to beat them.

But bananas like the climate of the very, very tropical equator.

So you should never put bananas in the refrigerator.



Below is an old Chiquita commercial, I love it! Click on the arrow to start the commercial.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omgosh, I love Chiquita! And that sheet music is precious!!!!!!! Now I want banana bread. And it's all your fault!

Anonymous said...

How cute! I just had to sing along...lol. Want to hear something even funnier? I played the sheet music on my trumpet...lol

I know...that sounds really funny. I played the trumpet back in high school and it's kind of like riding a bike...once you learn you never forget. Anyhow, I printed the music and my son and husband got a grand chuckle :) Thought you might want to know that!

Monica said...

that commercial is too cute, I am sending the link to my friend who used to sing it at work, I have the cookbook too, and some of the recipes are gross!